Overheating motors in Alabama

ian.smith7

Does any one know what has happened regarding the overheating inverter fed motors in Alabama?

that was a very interesting thread.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&threadid=480
above is a shortcut to the thread cut and pasted. im not sure if this is the correct way to go about this?

the title of the thread was
Motor guru's I need your help
from Russ back in July

ian

Last edited:
I couldn't find it either.

As I recall, it ended up being a case of the motor not being "drive capable".

Or, at least, not "Drive Friendly".

Status

Russ ended up sending me a Robicon instruction manual and we are working thru a large number of potential issues. These range from the drive software to the application of the motor to the possibility that the motor is defective in some way.

Unfortunately, it seems Russ has disappeared over the last 2 weeks (probably vacation) so no progress has been made lately.

Either way, I will provide a full report here when we have something useful to report.