Restore Rslogix 5 IO Configuration

ksyong17

Hi All,

I have a PLC5 logic with missing IO Configuration. According to this Post, I could restore the configuration without manually typing them up.

However, when trying to restore the analog output cards, 1771-OFE, it came up with default OFE1 as module type and I am very certain that we are using OFE2 Type. See Image 1

So I made the changes as required but then it then request for a save to configuration and download to PLC. See Image 2

So the main question is:

1. Do I have to change the from type 1 to type 2? Without changing it, It does not request for a save or download.

2. What would the save and download do? I have the BTW and BTR setup previously to do all the read/write but with this change, would it overwrite it?

THanks
ksyong17

1.jpg 2.jpg