Ethernet Comms PL7 to TSX Premium

bluenoser337

I am trying to assist someone with downloading a program to a TSX Premium over the Ethernet module port. Don't have the serial cable. How do you set up the comms for Ethernet, in the PL7 v4.5 SP5 software. Have no experience with this software. Also, do you have to set your laptop network adapter to match the IP series, like many other Ethernet connections? (Example: PLC is 192.168.20.20 so laptop should be 192.168.20.xx) Any assistance greatly appreciated!!

Snag-0170.jpg

you need xip driver for this at PL7. computer and plc have to be at same subnet/ address area.

On control panel (if you have installed xip-driver)

open schneider drivers manager.

On xip driver, give some xip address for plc. Bind your network card with driver and make driver active (save + start)
On xip driver you can also ping you plc, it should work.

On PL7 you need connect with this xip address to plc. select PLC -> Define plc address, give xip address with {x.x}sys and select driver xip (default is unitelway)

-> ok -> plc -> connect

of course before this your plc and ethernet card need also configured with serial programming cable.

http://control.com/thread/1026221388#1026221388

pl7.jpg