AB HMI network monitorring integration

IO9

We are using Panel View Plus HMI and trying to figure out if we can create a few screens showing network issues. Example: Smart network switch sends SNMP traffic to WhatsUpGold monitoring software. If set event has been detected by WhatsUpGold, it communicates with AB HMI over OPC. Not sure if this is possible or if there is another way to accomplish this. The end result should be alerts on HMI that would show, for example a failed network switch.

We are using Panel View Plus HMI and trying to figure out if we can create a few screens showing network issues. Example: Smart network switch sends SNMP traffic to WhatsUpGold monitoring software. If set event has been detected by WhatsUpGold, it communicates with AB HMI over OPC. Not sure if this is possible or if there is another way to accomplish this. The end result should be alerts on HMI that would show, for example a failed network switch.

If you have managed switches, they may support something like Ethernet/ IP, and then the PLC could read it like any other IO device. I almost always specify switches that can communicate directly to the PLC.

Monitoring the Switch via SNMP, as you suggested, should be possibile as well, although would involve a few steps in between.

We can not alter PLC program per client. Ideally, we would have something like WhatsUp Gold monitoring software to monitor network equipment and have one or two screens built in PanelView to show said alarms.

no, PanelView Plus cannot talk to an OPC server.
If you were running FTView Machine Edition Station on a PC (same software & project, but different hardware) then you could.

If you want to send alarms/data to the PanelView, then you need to add it to a PLC tag first.