Communication problem with S7-200 and TP170b panel

gdalianis

Hi,

Recently I was forced to replace a S7-200 CPU 226 on an old machine, which was defected. Unfortunatelly the old cpu was password protected by the builder of the machine, but luckily I had the program printed on paper so I write it down again on microwin and uploaded to the new CPU. Unfortunatelly I can not establish connection with the CPU and the TP170b mono panel which is used at the machine for some timers and selection of recipes. The message 140001 (Disconected PLC_..) appears on the screen of the touch panel. I have checked the cable and seems to have no problem. I change the baund rate at the ports of the cpu, still no effect...The cpu is connected to TP though the IF 1B port with DP/MPI protocol. I have searched for a solution for the problem at the net, but I did not find anything usefull. Also I have to mention that the version at the new CPU is 2.1, which is not an option at the microwin (it goes up to vesrion 2.0), but the program is uploaded fine at the cpu, I can check by downloading back the program to the pc. I am very niewbie at programming CPU's and I can not think of anything else that I should ckeck, any help to what should I look would be very usefull.....

Thank you

S7-200

Dear gdalianis,

It sounds like the HMI is programed to access the PLC at an address different than 2 (Address 2 is the defaualt address).

You want to try other PLC addresses(Communication Ports Setting), it totally depends on your luck, but worth trying.

Regards
Hagos,

Dear gdalianis,

It sounds like the HMI is programed to access the PLC at an address different than 2 (Address 2 is the defaualt address).

You want to try other PLC addresses(Communication Ports Setting), it totally depends on your luck, but worth trying.

Regards
Hagos,

Ok, I think I will give it a try, althought I have already tried adresses 1 and 3...