1747-UIC Windows 7

Jpond

I have a 1747-UIC module connected and went through steps configuring the driver for the 1747-UIC in windows. I've tried driver "DH 485 UIC device", RS-232 DF1 device and set, Baud 19200, Parity None, Stop Bit 1, Station Number 00, error checking to CRC, and Protocol Full Duplex. The problem is the light on the module appear to be blinking as if everything is communicating but the processor does not show in rslinx. all that shows is my workstation. The processor I'm trying to hook up to is a SLC 5/03.

Thats the right cable.

Have you tried the DF1 driver with the correct "Device Type".

1770-KF3/1747-KE

Last edited:
Do you have the offline program for the SLC5/03? ( or can you connect thru the serial port?)

If so take a look at the baud rate for the DH485 port, the UIC will only work at 19200.

HMMM?

Well when all else fails you might try deleting the harmony files in RSLinx.

Delete all drivers in RSLinx shut it down, then..

DELETE HARMONY Files;
(it may be necessary to Reboot the computer first)
- Find Files or Folders;
- Search; HARMONY*.*
(typically they will be found in C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCOMMON)
- DELETE both;
HARMONY.HRC
HARMONY.RSH
(RSLinx will recreate these files automatically)