Extracting parts of a string AB L23E-QB1

DaytonPLC

I have a stand alone test stand that spits out a ASCII string with the test results. Each results in the string is separated with a comma and there are 6 tests being sent.

I can't use the MID block because the length of the string may change from each cycle of the machine depending on the test results.

My question is this, How do I extract the results using the comma's?

Thanks for any help...

Use the FIND instruction to locate the position of the commas. Feed that position to the MID instruction.

Use the FIND instruction to locate the position of the commas. Feed that position to the MID instruction.

Thanks John,

The problem is my string looks like this:
'SD,0.0000566,0.00376,0.000150,0.0000572,0.00692,0.00659,0.151,$r$l'

Depending on the results of the test, it might be 4 digits or more as you can see, up to 9. I never know...

You'll need to run a little algorithm on the values returned by the FIND. First comma at position 2, second comma at 12. 2+1=3 (to skip the starting comma) so MID start parameter is 3, quantity = 12-3 = 9. And so on.