Temperature Reading using IDEC

Obravim

Hello,
I am working on a project where I have to record the temperature reading for 4 ethylene glycol solutions using 4 K-Type Thermocouple connected to Analog card.

Currently, I started with one thermocouple. (I am new to PLC and have been reading about it since last week. I do have programming background which made easy to me).

Now,
I have set it all up and connected:

1) PLC FC5A-D12K1E from IDEC
2) HG3G Multi colored HMI screen
3) Analog Card FC4A-J4CN1

The set up is shown in picture: Temperature Measurement.jpg

Then I wrote a ladder diagram as shown in Ladder Code.jpg (The M 0014 code is just to see it download and working. I dont need it for temperature reading)

Later, I created a base screen as shown in Base SCreen.jpg. I gave the device address that is mentioned in Analog card of the Ladder Code.

Also, All my goal was to read a temperature from 1 Thermocouple-K Type, which is connected to Analog Card (FC4A-J4CN1).

After downloading Ladder code to PLC and the Base Screen to HG3G, I pressed start button on the HG3G to see if its working.
It did not read anything on numerical display but after few seconds I got an error "Host Communication error"

Do I have to give power to Analog card(FC4A-J4CN1) even though I have connected it to PLC (FC5A-D12K1E)?

Or is there anything I am missing in Ladder diagram?

It has been two days I have been working on this error and have not got any far.

Temperature measurement.jpg Ladder Code.JPG Base SCreen.jpg

gclshortt and swimmy67,

Thanks for your help guys.

I did not give power to Analog card.

Also, swimmy07 you were correct on the screen not communicating with PLC.

Thanks for your help guys.

Now I am on next stage of figuring out how to record the temperatures. I have to go back to ladder program.

Any advice would be a great help.

Thank you again