Error in installing Compact Control Builder Professional M 5.1.0

Choose compact control builder instead.

Compact control builder is the standalone programming software for AC800M type controllers. "PLC" type usage of the same controllers.

Control builder professional is for the DCS system called 800xA (which has it's own installation and requires licenses).

Last edited:
Well to be clear sir Dirt i'm an intern at a company that uses 800xA system , that's why i want to install that one because compact control builder AC 800 m doesnt allows me to uses Diagrams . what do you think abouot that?

You can do diagrams in Compact as well but maybe just in a newer version. Are you sure they use 800xA 5.1.0? It's old and outdated. At least in 5.1.1 you have diagrams in Compact. Should be the same for 800xA.

Well, if they are using 800xA and that's the way they want to go you'd have to install the complete system. But in 800xA you'd need licenses to start programming.

Another option would be to use an engineering station within an already installed system.

Which version do you want?

Is the intention to move the code into a production system later on? I think it's not gonna work to move code from a newer version of compact to an older xA system or compact.