Siemens DI card and Level instrument

Lc1

Hello,
We have a 6es7 32101BL00-0AA0 DI card. There is a level switch to be added from an E&H FMR62. Our client is of the opinion that as the switch is an open collector then it will not be suitable for this card.

Has anyone came across this before ?

Thank you

Yes it looks like sink output so it would be best to put an interface relay in simple, It would be possible to use a resistor from 24v to the collector and input then tie the emitter to 0V, this would give a reverse operation i.e. 24v when not energised & ov when energised, although it seems an expensive piece of equipment to use as a level switch, are you also using the 4-20ma output ?
EDIT: Just noticed in the manual it shows different ways to connect i.e. relay or resistor so check the manual.

Thanks for this. Yes 4-20 is also being used. Just saw the section in the manual. Believe a relay would be the best option.

Thank you