1734 AENT Network Status Flashing

helphelphelp

Hello again,

I have a 1734 AENT point IO adapter hooked up to an ethernet switch through a NAT device. All of my indicator lights are solid green (good) except for the network status light which is flashing green. The manual says this:

"No CIP connections present. Device has an IP address, but no CIP connections are established"

I'm not quite sure what this means. I've added the module to my PLC and downloaded the program but it still gives me the yellow exclamation point in my IO configuration.

Can anyone please explain what the CIP connections are and what I might be missing?

Thanks

I have had a few battles when the POINT IO AENT first came out.

Sometimes the explanations are a bit vague.

I would check:
Chassis size matches in PLC and on POINTIO (webserver)
IO cards match in PLC to actual field
Check revision levels in PLC and AENT

Anytime you make a change to the AENT on the web page, you should cycle power to the AENT.

If you can screen shot some of you program issue (maybe chassis size settings, rev) from both PLC and AENT webpage could get more details.

I checked the revisions and they all seem to match. I had a problem with my chassis size being wrong on the webserver but I was getting flashing lights on my module status as well when that was a problem.

IO Connections.PNG Ethernet Adapter Revision.PNG IO Link Revision.PNG 1734 AENT.PNG

Sorry, I'm new at this. What do you mean by model definition? Where can I find/screenshot that info? This is the only ethernet IP module on here this PLC I believe.

When you go into the AENT properties in 5000 the last tab is Chassis Size, have you tried clicking the button to set chassis size in module?

No worries if you new at this... we all were new to this at some point!

When you double click on the AENT/C, under the General Tab, you can see Module Definition. The Revision level for the AENT and chassis size is there.

Dont think you can set chassis size if you aren't connected to it....

I'm wondering if they are on the same network...
Since you sent images of PLC and webpage I'd assume they are on the same network, but can't assume anything really...

Can you also add a snip of the general tab? I believe you have to be online to set chassis size through that tab

No worries if you new at this... we all were new to this at some point!

When you double click on the AENT/C, under the General Tab, you can see Module Definition. The Revision level for the AENT and chassis size is there.

Dont think you can set chassis size if you aren't connected to it....

I'm wondering if they are on the same network...
Since you sent images of PLC and webpage I'd assume they are on the same network, but can't assume anything really...

I can ping the device no problem, it is on the same subnet as the rest of the devices on the switch. It also shows up in RsLinx