ge 90-30 coil conflict

You have to be online with the CPU to view the fault tables. When you are online, click the "Target" menu and then "Diagnostics". When you do, in the upper left corner of the InfoViewer window there are two radio buttons, one labeled "Controller", the other labeled "I/O". Controller faults are associated with the CPU module. I/O faults are associated with the I/O modules. The column labeled "Loc" tells you which module generated the fault. An entry of 0.1 points to Rack zero, slot one. Rack zero is the CPU baseplate. Slot 1 is the CPU slot. An entry of 0.5 points to the module in slot 5 of the CPU baseplate.

Those errors and warnings are configurable in Your Machine edition Under Options then Controller and General. The coil conflict and type mismatch can be set to warn or not warn. My findings are if it was an older project Programed with LM90 or older hand held more prone to these errors. It doesn’t always mean it is a real error in logic it maybe just not a good programing or standard. I had some pretty hefty errors but knew the machine did what it was intended so chose to ignore or turn error off because here the show must go on. But after a conversion to the RX3i the errors and conflicts went MIA. It was always the coil conflict and Type mismatch.

thanks, i am going to upgrade to rx3i, the question is if i save a backup program for my new hardware and buy the software will that be enough to not have to rely on the company i bought the system from. they wrote the program and are pushing me into their upgrade, i dont know what they are offering but i know it will be alot of money. i just spent $7000 for a backup cpu 374 with program in it but did not get it yet. i am told by ge that i can upgrade cpu power supply and rack for 3500 with software included.

If you're looking for someone local who is familiar with the GE product line, start with your local distributor. For you that's probably Advent Electric. They should be able to put you in touch with an integrator. Twenty years ago when I worked for a GE distributor Advent had some very sharp people on their staff.

already hooked up but he is on a startup this week, thanks.
in rslogix the find all feature was very helpful for me i dont see a find all in machine edition. i am trying to work backwards from the output in an effort to compare logic to another program

i dont see a find all in machine edition
Put the cursor on any element in ladder logic. Open the "Feedback" window and select the "References" tab. Now put the cursor on any element in ladder logic. Every usage of the variable will show up in the feedback window. It also works when you select a variable from the "Variables" tab in the project navigator window.
The search function also works, especially well when you check the "Implicit addresses" option.

That’s probably the biggest reason I started the Upgrading to the RX3i is the mature and discontinued items were twice if not 3 times the cost of the New. Being a first time buyer you might qualify for the Starter kit at a discounted price and it comes with the CHS012 which is a universal chassis so it takes both RX3i and your 30-30 modules so you can still use your current 90-30 modules providing some modules require a minimum revision number. A good copy of your program and Proficy is what you need. After program conversion there might be some parts of logic that needs to be edited manually but usually minimal depending of the program. Being in contact with your local Distributor is recommended as they can get you the best deal and they usually have a support staff. Proficy has a Verify Equality to check if program and controller is the same and validate the project.

the cpu i have running in my office does not have the stat light lit, the one i am running on the production floor does, any feed back would be great