Omron C200HS Error problem

tbroadbent

I'm getting an I/O settings error on an Omron C200HS-CPU21 PLC that I just fired up and cannot clear it. Don't have access to a handheld programmer that will work with this model either (only have a PRO13) although I do have syswin and cx programmer. both of those tell me I have an error but if I clear it, it just happens again. Any ideas?

When you clear an error and it doesn't go away, sounds like you need to correct the source of the error.

"I/O set error" indicates that somebody changed the order of the modules on your rack.

io set error.jpg

i'm feeling really lost, this is my first experience with a rack mounted PLC from Omron, i've been using micro controllers from them to this point.

the c200hs has 2 ID217s, 2 OD219s and a OD213. the ID217s are set to 0 and 2, and the OD219s are set to 4 and 6. This appears to be correct according to the omron literature that I have available. To date the only way I've been able to clear that error is by removing the ID217s and OD219s and either just having the OD213 installed or having no I/O modules. Is there anything special I need to do to get it to recognize the modules properly?