Rslinx ethernet comms

Aftech

Hi! I have a micrologix 1100 connected to my laptop via ethernet comms. I can communicate with it but in rslinx it is showing as an unrecognized device. It shows the IP adress and the online name correct. Why will the device type show unrecognized device ?

I was previously hooked up to a panelview and the device type was showing panelview plus 600.

Might want to take a preemptive look at Knowledgebase Article 32963. It deals with online edits over Ethernet drivers for the Micrologix 1100.

Aftech said:
You mean I must buy a new version ??
RSLinx Lite can be downloaded free of charge from the AB web site.
You do not need a full blown version just to communicate with the PLC.
You must be registered though.

Similar Topics

Anyone have experience using serial to Ethernet converters to connect to SLC and Micrologix devices? I am looking to build a remote access box...
Replies
Views
How does RSLinx Classic EtherNet/IP Driver "Windows Default" adapter relate to the all of the available Windows adapters? Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
Does the last octet mean anything? Technically the network's address is 0, but why does it give you the option in the first place?
Replies
Views
Hi, folks. I searched the forum for this topic before submitting a new post, and the only thread discussing a similar issue like this the OP was...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends, 1. How can I connect to PLC5/30 via Ethernet (Rslinx)?. I have not worked on PLC5 before. is it same procedure as MicroLogix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom