GE ENET station manager

jjack230

Hi
I am just starting out at a new job full of GE systems.

I have a IC695ETM001 ethernet card which has a RS232 port for Station manager access.

I can currently see some info (such as IP, firmware version etc.) from the card when I connect with Putty and cycle the power but I cannot send commands to the card. I've tried Putty, hyper-terminal and a standalone Station manager terminal from GE but nothing works.

Anyone know whether I'm missing something?

I'm wanting to do some monitoring on that card. We've put in a replacement time and time again. Every card that goes in has the "Log Empty" indicator light turn off after 30 seconds. So I want to view that log.

I found the issue.

Turns out that you need the serial cable provided by GE.

You can't just use a standard cable. Haven't checked the wiring configuration but theres something different.