RS View to NET- ENIW module

jimtech67

I have a 1761 NET-ENIW module working, it is connected to SLC 5/03. I am able to read from and write to the processor and all my data lines up nicely on the canned web page.

I have about 6 5/03 processors that I need to network and get some info back to a central computer. As always price is an issue. Building RS 485 network communicating to RS View is expensive.

My cheap solution is to connect all the 5/03s to an Ethernet network and the customer will be limited to seeing only the info I can cram into the pages provided by the ENIW module. This may be ok as they want limited info (for now).

Finally my question, is it possible to use RS View to communicate to a 5/03 processor through a 1761 NET-ENIW. I will have individual 1761 NET-ENIW modules for each processor.

GO JETS

The 1761-NET-ENIW can be used as a NET-ENI so dont see why you couldnt. I read an application note that I think shows you use a DF1 driver over ethernet, will look harder for that app note to be sure.

Are all these 5/03's far apart? May be cheaper and easier to network them to an SLC 5/05 and use that with RSView to get the data you want.

I had trouble getting the manual for the ENIW but it seems it offers alot of options in itself, not sure you would need RSView, each ENIW should be able to have its own web pages as long as you can provide IP addresses. Seems to allow machine control thru web...will have to get the manual for this and read more.