Upload from Siemens HMI to retrieve source file??

Simon Webber

I have Siemens Step 7 & WinCC Flex installed on a laptop. Some of our S7 projects are integrated with their respective HMI projects. I have been successfully copying the HMI projects from Step 7 (under WinnCC Flex) into a seperate folder as back ups. One of the integrated HMI projects is however missing. I would therefore like to know if it is possible to UPLOAD from a Siemens HMI to retrieve the .HMI source file or can I only use 'Prosave' to store a copy (which cannot be edited. in other words, if I do not have the original HMI source file what are my options?

there is a posibility that the screen program was tagged to prevent uploading to a notebook - you might be out of luck

you could try reading the flash card if there's one present, other than that your looking at Prosave if the enable upload checkbox hasn't been used.

There is no way to upload an editable copy of a Siemens HMI project out of the HMI. All you can do is use Prosave to upload an image of the application and OS. It is not editable. You must have the original source project.

If the programmer enabled the check box of "back transfer" before he transferred the project to the HMI, it will be possible to get the whole HMI program using the upload.

But if the programmer didn't, I guess there's no way to retrieve the HMI program from the HMI itself.