PanelView Plus 7 Performance Series B

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all doing great!

Has anyone had experience yet with the new Series B Panel View from Rockwell running Windows 10 IOT?

If yes, what has your experience been so far?

How much internal storage do you really have access to, I know the documentation shows 2GB, just wondering if it is actually 2 GB.

Do you know when VNC will be included? I understand VNC will not be operational during initial release.

Have you heard any dates when VNC will be added back into the Firmware?

If no, what delivery dates have you been told?

Kinds regards to all.
Paul

Extremely disappointed in how this was rolled out.

I can't speak to internal storage; haven't looked.

The lack of VNC functionality is inexcusable. I was told not to expect VNC this year.

For such a major product change, they really should have assigned a different part number.

Overall availability of Panelview Plus 7's is poor.

Please see image for specs.

I am also disappointed that I can not even get my hands on a demo.

Supply chain is messed up.

No VNC till 2023 is a show stopper for me, and when Rockwell says 8 months for VNC, I would expect 2nd quarter 2023, sorry, but being honest based on past release date experience from Rockwell.

This is making me think we will have to start buying PanelPCs and load them up with ME Station.

PVP 7 Series B.PNG

I wonder if you could install VNC on it yourself. We had a series B but it is already in the field. I requested that the next one that shows up comes to me first.

PanelPCs are definitely an option.

No to installing VNC. Everything installed needs a Rockwell certificate.

Welcome to Iot...

If you use enough of them, and make your displeasure felt, you may be able to get better pricing…

I’m a huge fan of Ignition, but we are primarily an A-B shop.

We do many projects where we have Panelviews and a SCADA plc. So FactoryTalk View ME & SE. Importing from ME to SE is a big timesaver.

This situation is making me consider alternatives. I like Red Lion, but while their displays are great, not sure they have a SCADA solution. Feel free to chime in if I’m wrong on that.

Only Rockwell could take the incredibly slow boot time of the Panelview series, and make it slower with each generation. Don’t get me started on the plastic mounting clips.