Panelview Plus 600 with a SLC 5/03

Kroger2013

Hello all,

I am needing to upgrade a Panelview 550 to a Panelview Plus 600. The current Panelview 550 uses DH-485 and the RS 232 port on the SLC 5/03 is dedicated to a motion controller on the machine so it is not an option. From what I have researched, I will need a 1761-NET-AIC device between the Panelview 600 and the SLC 5/03. I will also need a 2711-NC21 cable that will go between the Panelview 600 and the 1761-NET-AIC device.

Is there anything else that I am missing here? I have never had to do this before so I am just looking for advice on what to expect when I finally dive into doing this . Thanks.

This is addressed in the user manual:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711p-um001_-en-p.pdf

Page 176 says you will need catalog number: 2711P-RN3 to connect to 400 and 600 PVP HMI's. I don't think you will need the rest of the stuff as you should just be able to use this com module and go directly to the SLC 5/03. It does mention that cable length cannot exceed 30 feet though.

Converting the application over is a different story though, you shouldn't have too many problems other than the fact you will not have a way to go online with the PLC while both ports are being used. If I remember right the 5/03 uses an RJ-45 jack for DH485 as well, but don't quote me on that. The pinouts are in the manual.

Thanks Sparkie for the info, I have already converted the application over. Both ports are already tied up on the SLCso I usually have to unplug the DH-485 port to the Panelview 550 to get online.

Last edited:
Glad to help. Welcome to the forums and let us know if you need further assistance with this.

In the future please include the catalog number of the hardware as there are so many different flavors.