PanelView Plus 600 speed issues

ksa858

I have replaced a PanelView 550 with a Panelview PLus 600
2711P-K6M20A8 on a machine that is using a program that has already been developed and a known working program. It has a CompactLogix L30ER. The PanelView is very slow in processing data that I enter via the keypad. It can take 3 to 4 seconds for it to appear as a new entry. There is also a data box on the screen to tally the number of strokes as the machine is running. While it is accurate it is very slow to display the strokes as it is running. Is there any way to increase the process time on the Panelview? I should add that the other machine has a SLC 5/03 in it but the same issue with the Panelview. It is using serial connections while the CompactLogix is ethernet. The PanelView 550 did not have this issue.

Last edited:
In general, PV+ is just slower than PanelView Standard.

But what you're probably seeing is related to the default Display Update time.

Each Display in a FTView ME project has its own update time, and the default is 1 second. In practice you never press the button right before the update time, so the average responses look like 2 or 3 seconds.

On Ethernet-connected terminals I turn the update time down to 50 or 100 ms, but on serial ones I leave it at 250 or 500.

If you can make your data tables efficient by using arrays and packing HMI data into adjacent registers, that can help too.

That helped. I lowered it to 100 ms and the response is much faster now. However, I noticed after I re-boot the PanelView and the first time I enter data after the re-boot, it will act like it is still on the default setting. If I enter data the second time then it reacts faster and from that point on it is fine. Any clue what would cause that initially?
I also noticed that when I first boot up the Panelview I get a INVALID DIRECTORY RUNTIME flag across the top of the Panelview on the very first display. I think thats what it says, its such small print I can barely make it out. When I press the F5 function key it clears and I never see it again until I re-boot again.