FactoryTalk SE Distributed Crashing during Login/Logout

NikkoSuave

Title describes the problem. We implemented an FT idle detection control to auto logout the user to view only and started to notice the FT client will crash when logging back in.

After some debug, I do not believe it has to do directly with the idle detection control. If I stand at any of the HMI and log in/log out repeatedly, it will eventually crash and come up with the windows dialog box asking to debug or shut down the program.

I cant trace where this is coming from. I called support but it didn't seem they knew where the problem was coming from either. Has anyone seen this problem before. I've attached an image of the windows dialogue details area.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
release number is 8.10.00
Patch/Pack number is 00
Build Number is 13

I hope this is the information you are looking for. I got it in the about section in my development studio.

Installed patches wont be indicated there. You need to look in the Programs and features. I had a similar issue that was corrected by a newer FTSP release. what release is your FTSP?

I couldn't find any patches installed on any of the servers we are using for this project. I am unfamiliar with everything that was installed on the servers we use, as this is a large project and that task was given to another supplier.

Our factory talk services platform is 2.74. Can I ask what had you updated yours to?