Studio 5000 v33 unable to download

Sean Teague

Hey guy....

We had a machine built and the integrator used a version higher than 32.02 when they programmed it.

I have 32.02 installed on my laptop and when i open the program, it says it was created with a higher version.

So when I go to download 32.04 or 33.01, it wont let me select it.

Do you have to buy a new serial # for anything above 32?

You have to have a TechConnect contract. The lowest level (Self Assist) allows you to download all the new software versions.

Hey guy....

We had a machine built and the integrator used a version higher than 32.02 when they programmed it.

I have 32.02 installed on my laptop and when i open the program, it says it was created with a higher version.

So when I go to download 32.04 or 33.01, it wont let me select it.

Do you have to buy a new serial # for anything above 32?

No, you just didn't pay ransom when you got V32, as in support contract.

I don't do much, but paid for V32 for just two projects. It won't let me upgrade to V32.04 unless I buy it again.

Well, it was only about $932 the 1st time around. Tech Connect was another $1,270 on top of that, So cheaper to buy it again.

They were supposed to have the subscriptions out before that, but as usual, Rockwell is always late.

I believe most newer RA product download require verification based on Serial # before allowing download. You should not have any issues for accessing software versions if your license type is "Concurrent" with life term of "Permanent". Other license type I am not sure of and you should probably reach out to your RA rep.

I believe most newer RA product download require verification based on Serial # before allowing download. You should not have any issues for accessing software versions if your license type is "Concurrent" with life term of "Permanent". Other license type I am not sure of and you should probably reach out to your RA rep.

That's what I thought, but mine is both "concurrent" and "permanent". It limits me to highest product version of 32.02.00, that's it. Wouldn't let me select and download 32.04.

Might just have to give Rockwell a call. Yeah, more frikin wasted time...

Last edited:

I have a serial and Product Key, but it wont let me select v33

That's what I thought, but mine is both "concurrent" and "permanent". It limits me to highest product version of 32.02.00, that's it. Wouldn't let me select and download 32.04.

Might just have to give Rockwell a call. Yeah, more frikin wasted time...

You have to have an active support contract to access any version released after your initial purchase. I just went through this exact issue back in April.