Problems RSView32

juancrangel

That such my dear friends. I have a problem with the RSView32, it is that I want to carry out several operations with the tags, for example: tag1+tag2+tag3+tag4+tag5 but I am not able to using the Derived Tags, as I can make it?. Making several tests, the alone one allows to be carried out operations with single two tags, that is to say: tag1+tag2 but but of those one is not able to for that?.

thank you.

Derivated Tags

Ok explains to you, I want to carry out the sum of 4 tags that they come for example from the process: TagTotal = Tag1+tag2+Tag3+Tag4 that according to the image (RSView32_1) it is: C4plus_A = Cromatografo_A\IC4_A+Cromatografo_A\NC4_A+Cromatografo_A\IC5_A+Cromatografo_A\NC5_A. Using the Derivated Tags is not able now to carry out the sum he wanted to know for that? and as making to carry out the tags sum and of course that the total result of tags is seen in the unfolding of the application.
I wait to have explained to myself. And it excuses for the translation.

Thank you for your attention.

Ok te explico, yo quiero realizar la suma de 4 tags que provienen del proceso por ejemplo: TagTotal = Tag1+tag2+Tag3+Tag4 que segun la imagen (RSView32_1) es: C4plus_A = Cromatografo_A\IC4_A+Cromatografo_A\NC4_A+Cromatografo_A\IC5_A+Cromatografo_A\NC5_A. Ahora utilizando los tags derivativos no logro realizar la suma quisiera saber ¿por que? y como hacer para realizar la suma de tags y por supuesto que se vea el resultado total de tags en el despliegue de la aplicacion.
Espero haberme explicado. Y disculpa por la traduccion.

Gracias por tu atención.

Derivated Tags

DenverGreg said:
Juan,

Are you adding the values for display only? Or are you using the total for trending and logging also?

Goyo

Ok explains to you, I want to carry out the sum of 4 tags that they come for example from the process: TagTotal = Tag1+tag2+Tag3+Tag4 that according to the image (RSView32_1) it is: C4plus_A = Cromatografo_A\IC4_A+Cromatografo_A\NC4_A+Cromatografo_A\IC5_A+Cromatografo_A\NC5_A. Using the Derivated Tags is not able now to carry out the sum he wanted to know for that? and as making to carry out the tags sum and of course that the total result of tags is seen in the unfolding of the application.

Ok te explico, yo quiero realizar la suma de 4 tags que provienen del proceso por ejemplo: TagTotal = Tag1+tag2+Tag3+Tag4 que segun la imagen (RSView32_1) es: C4plus_A = Cromatografo_A\IC4_A+Cromatografo_A\NC4_A+Cromatografo_A\IC5_A+Cromatografo_A\NC5_A. Ahora utilizando los tags derivativos no logro realizar la suma quisiera saber ¿por que? y como hacer para realizar la suma de tags y por supuesto que se vea el resultado total de tags en el despliegue de la aplicacion.

Gracias por tu atención.

juancrangel said:

Gracias por tu atención.

If you find difficulty in using derived tags you can use Vba for faster calculation.

once you cofigured the Derived tags you have started the same using command

Derived tags can be a little tricky to use the first time. What you are trying to do can be done with derived tags. I don't have the softwar ein front of me right now so I will try to do this from memory.

First you need to create your derived tag file which it sound slike you have done. For this example I will call the file "my_derived".

Next you need to define the expression and destination for your tag. In this derived tag file you can create up to 100 different derived tags. So let's say we use your example of tag1+tag2+tag3+tag4+tag5. That is a valid expression. The destination (the derived tag) I will call "math_sum". This tag must exist already as a memory tag.

This is where my memory escapes me. I don't recall exactly the name of the field where you enter the name of the tag. It may just be "tag or "tag name" or "destination". This would be considered one derived tag. Once this is done you can enter more derived tags the same way.

Next you can specify the update rate of all of the derived tags in the "my_derived" file by going to Setup on the top of the menu. I beleive the default update rate is 1 second.

Then, create a graphic screen with a numeric display field that is monitoring "math_sum". Or, you can just open a Tag Monitor window and enter in the tag name "math_sum". That is probably easier.

This is where most people get hung up. You MUST start the derived tag file before RSView will begin performing the calculations. If you can access the command line then type in "derivedon my_derived" without the quotes and then hit enter. This will load the derived tag file into memory and tell RSView to do the math.

Once the derived tag file has been started, then perform a test run on the graphic display to make sure the data is being updated. This is assuming the tag value we are adding are actually changing. But, if you see anything other than a zero, you know the math has executed.

One other item. If you want to change anything in the derived tag file, you must stop the derived tags and then restart it before those changes will be put into effect.

OG