Is it normal for 1788 ENB daughter cards to lose IP address on power loss?

Karinrinkashi

I am working with a 1788 ENB daughter ethernet card. It losses IP address every time i cut the power to the eletrical panel. I have to then BOOTP it and insert IP address over and over.

Is this normal when there is battery in the FlexLogix 5434 to which the card is attached, and yet the card keeps losing IP Address on power cycle?

Thank you in advance for your help!

No, it's not normal. All Logix-family network daughtercards, all the way back to the 1756-ENET, save their IP configuration object in onboard nonvolatile memory.

It is most likely that the Disabling of the BOOTP/DHCP option did not take effect.

Be sure that you have a Subnet Mask and Default Gateway that are compatible with the IP address you set; the module can't handle a Gateway and IP that aren't on the same Subnet and will default back to BOOTP/DHCP.