Issues Controlling Stepper Motor Driver with Eaton PLC

celmassry

Hello.

I am using the following:
Eaton E4-AC-12RXP PLC

I am trying to control the CL86T which controls a Closed-Loop Stepper motor.

I am using Eaton Easysoft 8.0 on firmware 1.4.

I tried to program the plc using Ladder Logic.

This is the link that all the necessary files to program this.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/s2sgngxe0i4lr977lxbfl/h?dl=0&rlkey=jfoppce7jf73cqbd2jgv9kyjb

it has the electrical schematic, a couple programs that I have made on the eaysoft software and some user manuals of the cl86T.

My overall goal is just to control the stepper motor in a clockwise and counterclockwise fashion.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian

You need to enable the DIR & EN contacts before the pulse, the pulses must be 50% duty cycle & generally quit a high speed, not used the Eaton but I have done it on Mitsubishi the pulses need to be high speed for a reasonable velosity.

Dumb question.. would the dir and enable be a negated contactor while the pulse be a basic contactor?

p.jpeg

or this is with the impulse relay..

p.jpeg

Last edited: