Ethernet IP Setup???

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Gentlemen. I had wanted to set up communication between a VFD and a plc. So far so Good till I got to configuration the IP addresses. I’ve been setting this up in my lab and have few questions, this is the set up.

SLC 5/05 processor
22-comm-e adapter
22-xcomm-dc
Power Flex 4 VFD
9300-rades

This is how far I’ve got. I have gotten to set up the 22-comm-e IP address and wrote logic for the MSG instruction. (Attached)
Question: What will the following IP address have to be for?
Slc processor CH1?
MSG Instruction Ethernet IP device?
22-comm-e has been setup via bootp IP address 192.196.1.4
9300-RADES Ethernet IP address?
And finally the IP addresses for Power flex 4?

Also In the logic program does the Timeout MSG instruction have to be constantly sent of just on power up?
Thanks for your time and help.

Last edited:
Well I'm gessing the PF 4 does not need a Ip address since its going to be on DSI. But what about the 22-xcoom-dc-base Do I need any thing else in order to configure like drive explorer??

Since the IP adress that I have set up via bootp on the 22-comm-e 192.196.1.4 does the IP address in all the MSG instruction has to be the same as in the comm-e??

Man I'm so lost as to how this all will come together. I have reserched all the possibilitys and nowhere can I find anything that can explain in detain how to make this work.