M241 Date/Time/Visualization

Therocket

Hi I am programming M241 does anyone know how to display the date and time in a visualization page and which function to use , what string to put in the textbox, many thanks.

Parky I have a couple of viz pages with knobs, switches, temperature dials , loop output dials and I just need to display the time and date on one of the pages, this will be read off an android tablet, I have everything working OK but can't work out how you get the time and date on the page.

I may not be able to help you As I have never used Schneider, you definitely need to be more specific you talk about vis & android, if you post what hardware you have, for example are you talking about an M241 talking to an android tablet what software is on the tablet for the visualisation, if so are you wanting to use the PLC RTC to display the time on the android ? if you post more detail perhaps someone here will be able to help you, I do know that the M241 has an RTC but the time I believe is stored in Dwords so is number of msec since 1970, I'm sure there will be functions to change it from this to a yyy/mm/dd, hh,mm,ss but why if using an android tablet use the plc clock it's never very accurate.

I may not be able to help you As I have never used Schneider, you definitely need to be more specific you talk about...

You would be right in most cases, but when he is talking about M241 (basically Codesys) and "Visualisation", it is clear that he is talking about the build-in webserver Visualisation on the controller..

I use "SysTimeRtcHighResGet" and "SysTimeRtcConvertHighResToLocal" for reading the time and get it in a nice format... Then try a few things in Visu, I don't have a standard thing, but it shouldn't be hard...

Yes you are right i thought that visualization was a common thing where you look at the data via a browser when the viz is in the controller, sorry parky I didn't make it clearer, I will try SysTimeRtcConvertHighResToLocal