Melsec Limit torque during position move

sawyer65

Hi:

I am working with machines that presses flares on steel brake lines.
The lines are clamped between a stationary die and a moving die. There are 2 moves for the dies to close, the first move is a position move which brings the dies within 2mm of closing, there is a v shaped guide on the moving die which aligns the tubing with the groove in the dies, the second move is the torque move to hold the tube during endforming. Occasionally, one of the flare nuts on the tubing which is supposed to be push back out of the way, ends up on the wrong side of the v shaped guide and between the steel dies. This creates damage to the dies and the ball screw creating the linear movement of the moving die.
Is there a way to limit the torque during the position move then increase it again before the torque move?

PLC:Q03UDCPU
Motion:Q173DCPU
Amp:MR-J3-500B
Motor:HF-SP352B

The instruction manual for that servo amp mentions a torque limit on page 1-1, but I am not sure that is what you are looking for.