1769-L33ER ok light is solid red

Beginner plc

On this 1769-L33ER the OK light is solid red. I am under the assumption this is a major fault. The Ethernet link light is not lighting on the switch. I have tried a different cable and verified the switch port is good because the link light comes on when connected to the HMI. Is this controller bricked?

Welcome to the Forum !

Unfortunately, your first post sounds like a stinker. Solid red OK LED means an unrecoverable fault, so the controller needs to be repaired or replaced.

Certainly try unplugging it from everything but its power supply, and removing the SD card (if present). These controllers don't have a battery to pull to clear the user program.

Ran into this problem today and the cause was different from anything mentioned above, so I thought I should post it. The only LED illuminated on the 1769-L33ER CPU was a solid OK LED. The cause was a failed power supply. The 1769-PA2 still had 24v on its user power terminals (not used) but the green LED was off and it must have been missing its 5v or 24v that normally feeds the bus (if I'm using the correct wording). A new power supply got things running. Double checked with a different CPU and the old power supply in a test rack and got the same red OK light.

1769-PA2 LED light was OFF
and
1769-L33ER OK led light was solid Red,

It is good to know that it was a bad -PA2 P.S..

But your case maybe diff. from the original poster.