1769-l35e issue

i cant open the web interface page to check the cip connections but that cip connections wouldnt explain why i cant go online plugged straight into the thing.

I can only connect to one with RSLinx. The three I can't have the yellow question mark and red X over them.

The red X indicates that RSLinx cannot make a CIP connection to the controller, while the yellow question mark indicates that RSLinx does not recognize the device's identity.

EDS registries might still be an issue, but they're not the only issue. You need to resolve the red X first.

PING is handy, but it's a blunt instrument because it doesn't use the same network features that the rest of your software uses.

I would start by entering the IP address of each controller into a Web Browser. The built-in Web pages will let you examine how many connections each controller is using at this time.

While it's certainly possible to run out of CIP connections on the CompactLogix, your basic network description should not do so. The 1769-L35E supports 32 CIP connections, and a single PanelView can use up a maximum of 5.

What else is on this network that might be accessing those controllers ? Are you running some other HMI, or a bunch of RSLinx Classic browsing stations, or a bunch of messaging to other controllers ?

The connection list on the embedded Web page is really going to be your best place to start troubleshooting.

i cant access the webpage for them even when plugged in directly. there are two panelview plus's looking at them but currently i only have one plugged in, wonderware is looking at them but i have max cip connections set to 2 and as far as i know there are only two computers with linx running on them that have these devices set up.

ygnm,

Would you be able to cycle the power to (one) of your L35E to see if that resolves your comminications issue?

Anyway there is a RA knowledgebase that look to be similar to your issue. It relates to V19 firmware for the Compactlogix Ethernet port.

CompactLogix Ethernet port locks up in V19. Fixed in V20 NB ID 499754

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/499754/page/2

ok that does help some. but i cant download any of that right now for some reason. computer just tells me the connection to the server for the downloads timed out instantly. next question is (and this just helps explain the kind of day i am having) how do i find out what version of enterprise i am running?

You can find your version of RSLinx Enterprise in windows control panel for installed programs

Go get another Ethernet interface, like a USB/Ethernet dongle.

You're having a wide variety of Ethernet-related problems and the common element seems to be your laptop.

its not just my laptop. there are other computers that have linx on them that cant see these devices as well as smc for wonderware. and i have been online with these before with this very same laptop. and i dont have to download any of those patches or updates because i have everything necessary. i will take me 9 pin cable and head over there tomorrow or saturday and see about flashing the firmware and see if that helps. thanks for the info guys.