1784-KTX(B) card Driver Rslinx

Thanks Jasper for the information about 1784-U2DHP. Migrating to ethernet means getting a new PLC which is ethernet enabled? A possible gateway, can you suggest?

Thanks Tamir for your info too. If it meant to be a lower OS like yours, then well do it basically the plan will be Win 7 PC.

I also have concern with the licensing of the RSLinx on the unit. From my reading, there should be a tool from the package where I can transfer the license into a USB, is it? Other says, if none, I need to call AB support, they might deactivate and then issue a new one. Should this be the case? The client dont have any documentation at all including the possible floppy disk with the keys, or anything.

I'm just new to AB brand here, sorry. I would appreciate for your input regarding how can I transfer the AB license from the old unit. I dont have much time visiting the site, but I'm researching all possible steps to go through getting all the needed info from the old unit, once I get there again.

Thanks.

Mickey's answer is the one you asked about,

To show it is solve-able
If the issue requires you to go to PKTX then a more sensible option is to put in a Control Logix Gateway which can be done for the price of the PKTX.
All thats needed is a 4 slot rack, a DH+RIO card and a ENBT and use Ethernet either TCP/IP or ETHIP

A ControlLogix Gateway is NOT the best solution - there are other stand-alone DH+ Gateways for a lot lower cost and physical size. SoftPLC Corporation, ProSoft and Equustek have good options if you need A-B protocol gateways.

Migrating to ethernet means getting a new PLC which is ethernet enabled? A possible gateway, can you suggest?
For example:
If your PLC is an SLC5/04, it can be replaced by an SLC5/05.
If your PLC is an PLC5/40, it can be replaced by an PLC5/40E.
Especially the PLC5/40E is quite expensive though.
Gateways can be a 1761-NET-ENI, which is a gateway between the serial port on one PLC and ethernet. Is not superperformant but may be enough for the lower requirement.
A more powerful gateway is a controllogix rack with ENBT for ethernet and DHRIO module for DH+. Expensive, and maybe the vendors mentioned by Cody are just as good at a lower price.

To deljvk
I got 2 Exe. files from our distributor for to move the RSLinx license to/from disk on key
Name is EVmove..