24V Thermostat

dlweber

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has any used or know of a 24V thermostat?

A PLC is impractical for this application because all I need to do is monitor temperature in a certain area and open a solenoid valve when it reaches a certain setpoint (110-130F haven't determined the exact value yet.) Using a PLC for 1 input and 1 output will probably get me slapped by my boss.

I figure there will be a relay in between the thermostat and solenoid but that is easy, we have them laying around.

I have changed up my strategy a bit I found 110V coils laying around for the solenoid, so now I am looking for a cheap industrial thermostat I found one by PECO just looking to see if there is a supplier we already have as vendor, or another brand that has something similar

Always, Always use a PLC. If its worth doing, its worth over doing!:ROFLMAO:

What do you mean only one input?

Power On
Relax Auxiliary Contact
Valve Closed
Valve Open
Flow Switch
Thermostat Call
Overtemp Switch
Temperature or Pressure Switch on cooling lines (wanting on at higher temp indicates cooling mode)

And only one output?

Solenoid Valve
PLC Running Indicator
Valve Open Indicator
Stuck Relay Indicator
Thermostat Calling Indicator
Overtemp Indicator
No-Flow Indicator
Low Cooling Temperature/Pressure Indicator
Audible Alarm (or 2)
Warning Strobe Light

This is a PLC forum after all. Don't engineer yourself out of work.(n)

You forgot the "lamp test" button and the "faulty lamp" indicator. And if you really wanted to do it properly, you should have a "faulty lamp indicator faulty" indicator, just in case the "faulty lamp" indicator stops working.

You forgot the "lamp test" button and the "faulty lamp" indicator. And if you really wanted to do it properly, you should have a "faulty lamp indicator faulty" indicator, just in case the "faulty lamp" indicator stops working.

You guys :)