3g VPN cell modem?

KingPresident

I'm fighting preconceptions here at work... I can source a cellular 3g modem for ~$1200. This is for logging in over a VPN for pulling data, debugging, and monitoring.

I take the quote to my boss, and he pushes back with a $100-$200 budget. Does such a thing exist for $200? His basis for that price is the consumer grade computers he sees for sale at Costco for $300.

I can get you a 3g modem that can handle ipsec vpn and has an ethernet port for about $400. It also has a gobi chip so it will work with any of the major carriers, verizon, at&t, sprint, etc.

Hi there,

You may want to have a look at the Netbiter (EC350), it can do both logging and VPN (remote access) + alot more.
It will not be $200, but less than $1200.

My 2 cents

I'm fighting preconceptions here at work... I can source a cellular 3g modem for ~$1200. This is for logging in over a VPN for pulling data, debugging, and monitoring.

I take the quote to my boss, and he pushes back with a $100-$200 budget. Does such a thing exist for $200? His basis for that price is the consumer grade computers he sees for sale at Costco for $300.

Charge him with TREASON!
How dare he question "KingPresident"!

Being in Canada, I pay more to get stuff from the US, but even I think 1200 is too much, and 200 is to low. lol.