4 wire inductive sensor

rj061991

hi!

i have a 4 wired inductive sensor (PNP) here... white-brown-green-yellow...
ive search in the internet about the configuration but finds nothing...Is there some here know the configuration of the color code???thanks for the help..

Surely there's a make / model or some sort of number on the side? Bit risky to just hook up something based on colour code only!

I'm only familiar with the Omron prox switches which are brown, blue and white I think for the 3-wire ones.

Maybe you can test it?

Who is the manufacturer?

Different brand do have differt colors, but brown should be + and white may be NC. Then you have 50/50 for NO and M, but i should try yellow as NO.

OK not much to go on. This is what i'd do, failing any better advice anyone else on here might be able to provide:

first I'd use a continuity tester to look for any low impedance pairs.

If you have a power supply with a current limiting option, set it to 100mA or so and just supplying power to pairs that don't test low impedance.

Then chuck your multimeter across the other pair and move the prox up to a surface. if you've got the wires right you should see the meter read a lower impedance (might need to swap the leads to get the polarity right as it'll probably be a NPN output).

But that might just let the smoke out... Hope you've got a plan B!

Are you sure it is an inductive sensor? We have a machine here that uses reed switches for side guards and it has the same wire colors. Yellow and green wires are normally closed contacts and the brown and white are normally open contacts.

ok will post the picture here today...hmmm..i thnk its a reed switch but it looks like an inductive sensor...ill just post the photo..for the clarrification..^_^..
what i know about inductive sensor it has 2 or 3 wire.. blue,black and brown,,that's why im confuse about the one i saw last day..