2-wire DC 24V Inductive Proximity switch??

drspanda

Dear All,

I am using PNP 3-wire DC 24V Inductive Proximity switch and now I need 2-wire DC 24V Inductive Proximity switch. I doubt whether it will be available or not.

My PLC is AB with sinking input type...I mean positive 24V goes to the field and comes back to Input card.

I may be helped.

drspanda said:
Dear All,

I am using PNP 3-wire DC 24V Inductive Proximity switch and now I need 2-wire DC 24V Inductive Proximity switch. I doubt whether it will be available or not.

My PLC is AB with sinking input type...I mean positive 24V goes to the field and comes back to Input card.

I may be helped.

Heads up alert!

Your 2 wires will leak and your PLC input will always be energised... unless you add a load to common between the IO and the device.

Pierre said:
Heads up alert!

Your 2 wires will leak and your PLC input will always be energised... unless you add a load to common between the IO and the device.

Correct. Man this gave me headaches one day. Use a interface relay or something

Heads up alert!

I am having this problem now. I have a prox switch going to a wago IO system. Blue wire connected to 24v common brown wire connected to 24v input card. trigger the prox and red light turns on and i get a 1. pull the trigger off and red light turns off, i still get a 1. where does the load come from, can anyone provide me with a wire diagram?? what is the load exactly I'm getting confused. So used to 3 wire switches.

MODERATOR REQUEST:

If you have a new question, please create a new Thread for that question.

Go back one level in the Forum to the "LIVE PLC Questions & Answers" page, and use the Start a New Thread button.

newthread.gif

If your question is directly related to an old question, you can link to the old question by copy/pasting the URL of the old thread into your new thread.