A problem for Logix5000

angi, the problem is that the controller is already in "Test Edits" mode, presumably you or someone else has made an edit, and the controller is running the modified code. (See the attached pic)

You cannot "Accept Edits" for any more changes in the "Test Edits" mode - You will have to either "Untest" the existing edits, or "Assemble" them.

They may be a mod that was done temporarily, not needed anymore and simple forgotten about, so could be Untested and Cancelled, or they could be a mod that is vital to the operation of the controller, in which case you should assemble them.

It would be worth checking what the existing edits are before doing anything. The safest thing to do is to assemble them, because that doesn't change the running code, but once you do that you will no longer be able to see what those edits were.

Your call...

2012-03-22_013357.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I just noticed you don't have the option to Assemble edits... This could be because the controller is locked.

Can you post a complete screen-shot?

Yes, it appears as though the controller has got confused.

The online toolbar shows "No Edits"

But the program title bar shows "Testing Edits" (No.1 in Pic)

And the buttons are inconsistent, if you really were "Testing Edits", the "Assemble Edits" button should be enabled. (No.2 in Pic)

I recommend that you...

1. cancel the edit you have started
1a. Check that there are no edits in the controller by using Search - All Edit Zones with scope set to "All Routines" (see second pic)
2. save the file as an L5K export
3. open the L5K, which will regenerate the whole project
4. download the new project to the controller

Obviously to perform the download, the processor will be disabled, and you will lose any data you may have accumulated, including any process sequences that may be active. Only download when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

2012-03-22_172029.jpg 2012-03-22_173219.jpg

Last edited:
HI Okie
I am using V17, there is no setting for security, how to check redundency?

V17 firmware had an 'anomoly' with online edits. At times the CPU would crash and dump its memory on power up with a 'confused' online edit. I found this out the hard way.
You should upgrade to at least V18.

V17 firmware had an 'anomoly' with online edits. At times the CPU would crash and dump its memory on power up with a 'confused' online edit. I found this out the hard way.
You should upgrade to at least V18.

If that is an option, I endorse it.

If not, then a recompile via the L5K export as I described might be your only course of action.

Hi Daba

I just followed you idea to re-download the code to controller, no thing changed. Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

HI guys

I just found that the Battery OK indicator on the controller screen is not in Green, COntroller OK and Run Mode indicator are all in Green. Is this the problem?

Thanks

No, the BATT light is OFF for normal battery, and comes ON RED for a low battery.

You can run the processors without batteries, it just means you have to reload everything if you lose power.

Another thought - how much memory is free?

Have you got another processor module you can try?