Ab Slc100/150

tmechanic

Lifetime Supporting Member
My company has several AB SLC 100 & 150s, my job is to upload the programs and archive them, we don't have a copy of the SLC program or the cabling, any ideas? I could probably build the cable, it's a RS232 to RS422 converter. but I have no idea where to pick up a compatible program.

The program is PCIS.exe.

You are correct that you will need a coverter.

You will also need a DOS computer with a real serial port. PCIS wants direct control over the port, something Windows will not let it have.

Check your private messages.

Last edited:
Glenn:

Win2K might work. It worked for me under Win95/97, but those were really just DOS on steroids.

I have not been able to get it to work under XP, even when setting compatability for Win95 or Win2K. I get an error from the 16 bit app subsystem that it cannot open the com port. The program will run, but it can't use the com port.

Is there something else that needs to be changed as well?

The PCIS software can be downloaded free from the AB.COM download page. Why not just buy a aftermarket cable already made from EBAY they are cheap.