Adding a Point I/O module thats not in the list

Title says most of it. I have a module mismatch error in a Logix PLC (v30.11). The setup is for a standard I/O module, but the installed card is a 1734-ARM Rev. C. I have the EDS file from RA, and RSLinx sees the card fine, but the project is giving me an I/O comms error, and I can't remember how to get the PLC to recognize the card. I deleted the old card from slot 3 (this is a Point IO setup BTW) and tried adding a new one, but its not on the list. I tried the generic module option but cant find instructions on how to set that up to recognize the card.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I did some searching but I think this is something someone will answer quicker than I can find it. I'm working with version 15 and need to change...
Replies
Views
Hello, Fairly new to PLC programming. Have a question in regards to a 1734 Point I/O rack and the built in tag structure in Logix Designer. I...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to add a Point IO card to a project with a control logix processor (version 30 or 31 I believe) while online and in run mode...
Replies
Views
I'm currently using a 1734-ADN Point I/O adapter. I would like to know how i add this to an existing Devicenet Network? I understand it is a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Is it possible to add new I/O point during online (Remote Run) in existing Remote Chassis via Controlnet? I want to use the existing...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom