Alarms' Stacking

Now i have structured the the program as suggested and the controller keeps faulting on me. (error code 20)
attache is the program.

What does code 20 mean?

Your program needs a unique address for each ONS by the way...but I doubt that is related to your fault...

Does your FIFO tag Alarm_Stack have enough elements? I think you need to pick out the specific array element you want there.

Try Alarm_Stack[0]

Then see if it faults...

Paul

EDIT: you can eliminate the MOVes and Alarm_next, then change the source in each FFL to your literal values if you like.

Last edited:
What does code 20 mean?

Your program needs a unique address for each ONS by the way...but I doubt that is related to your fault...

Does your FIFO tag Alarm_Stack have enough elements? I think you need to pick out the specific array element you want there.

Try Alarm_Stack[0]

Then see if it faults...

Paul

EDIT: you can eliminate the MOVes and Alarm_next, then change the source in each FFL to your literal values if you like.

I tried the Alarm_Stack[0] syntax and the controller still faults. i have enough elements(Alarm_Stack[0].0 to Alarm_Stack[0].31

Attache is the program and the array.

My controller is still faulting. I must be doing something wrong.
Do i need to pair each FFL with a FFU or one FFU is enough?

Attached is a program I used for stacking messages to be played over an annunciator. You may be able to make it fit your application. You'll probably have to adjust some of the timers etc. Good Luck. Tim.

DSKing: Dude, your alarm stack array only has one element, and it starts (and ends) at element 1.
You are looking at the bits within that one element.
You should see:
Alarm_Stack[0]
Alarm_Stack[1]
Alarm_Stack[2]
Alarm_Stack[3]
(and so forth)
Alarm_Stack[31]

Each of those can be viewed at the bit level, too. Pay close attention to the data type column...

Paul

OOps. I was so frusted yesterday i overlooked that. Do u think that what caused the controller to fault?
I'm off today will give it a try wednesday night.

Thank you all(OKIEPC, ATU,TIM everybody) for helping with the alarm stacking logic this past weekend.
I wish i could be announcing that evething's ok. Alas.
The logic looks good,(thanks Tim) but the controller keeps faulting up on me again. I paid attention to the data types(Paul).
Something else must be wrong. Please help out if you can.
Attached is part of the logic.
This error message comes up.
04/01/1998 7:22:26 AM
(Type 04) Program Fault (can be trapped by a fault routine)
(Code 20) Array subscript too large, or CONTROL data type POS or LEN invalid.
Task: MainTask
Program: MainProgram
Routine: MainRoutine

I don't see the point in trying to separate the alarms that occur in one scan. Suppose you have two inputs that switch at exactly the same time, surely the input that gets scanned first will show up as the first out even though it occurred at exactly the same time.
Am I missing something?

From the FFL instruction help file...

A major fault will occur if: (starting element +. POS) > FIFO array size

Fault type 4
Fault code 20

It sounds like during your testing, you may have filled up the FIFO instruction, causing the fault. (It happened to me too)

I too, am trying to trap faults in order to see the 'trip cause' or first fault trip that occured when a number occur as a result of a piece of equipment tripping out. I set my FFL length to 100 (an exaggeration since hopefully no more than 5 trips will ever occur in a 'domino' effect) and the processor hasn't faulted.

This thread saved the day for me, thanks to everyone involved!

Last edited: