Analog module testing

gibson

Hello everyone, I am using 1762-IF4 module and i want to test it by supplying 0-10V variable supply. I am using 24VDC supply, then how could i make this 24VDC supply to work as 0-10VDC variable supply ? What would be the Value of POT that i need to use ?

Gibson,

Ohm's Law and a potential divider is all you should need...see below (make R2 your variable resistor). You need to calculate your voltage drop across R1 and go from there.

Hope this points you in the right direction...

Rob

Potential_Divider.gif

Just place a resistor in series with the potentiometer having a resistance value 1.4 times as that of the potentiometer's maximum resistance.This will get you a variable voltage drop across the potentiometer from 0 to 10 volts when 24V is applied to the circuit.