Automatic OS update of operator panel

Hi sorry to move away from the topic but I have another doubt.

If you see in the picture I attached, the backup procedure says that i have to set PG/PC interface in SIMATIC MANAGER.

I am working with s7-200 PLC which uses MicroWin and not Simatic manager. So is it the same as setting PG/PC interface in MicroWin?

Annotation 2020-06-12 125144.png

So is it the same as setting PG/PC interface in MicroWin?

No. Simatic Manager uses the S7ONLINE access point. MicroWin uses the Micro/Win access point.

To illustrate this point, open Windows Control Panel, and the Set PG/PC Interface icon.

Then you will see a drop-down of access points, one is called S7ONLINE (which is set in SIMATIC Manager, and another is called Micro/Win, which is set in MicroWin.

No. Simatic Manager uses the S7ONLINE access point. MicroWin uses the Micro/Win access point.

To illustrate this point, open Windows Control Panel, and the Set PG/PC Interface icon.

Then you will see a drop-down of access points, one is called S7ONLINE (which is set in SIMATIC Manager, and another is called Micro/Win, which is set in MicroWin.

So I need to install Simatic Manager? or can I do it in windows control panel?(see pic)

Annotation 2020-06-12 133557.png

Yes, you are at the right place.
You need to set S7ONLINE to an interface with TCP/IP.
Do NOT set it to TCP/IP(AUTO) !

edit: My bad. TP177B Mono DP does not have an ethernet port.

Last edited:
Liston.Furtado said:
Also I'm assuming that the backtransfer was enabled during the initial transfer because I have some old revisions of the project and there are .pdz files. Hope I'm right.
I think that you can change the .pdz to. .zip and then unzip the file which should give you the .hmi and .ldb files.
Did you try this ?

No Jesper. Because what I have is the older revisions of the project files which will not have the current changes that are running on the HMI. so I want the latest project from the HMI.
The archived project file will be on a flashcard in the slot in the rear of the panel.
If there is no flash card then there is no project archive on the panel.
If the flashcard is there, and the archive file is on the card, then you can manually copy the file to your PC in a card reader.

The archived project file will be on a flashcard in the slot in the rear of the panel.
If there is no flash card then there is no project archive on the panel.
If the flashcard is there, and the archive file is on the card, then you can manually copy the file to your PC in a card reader.

Oh...that's interesting.

And can I do the reverse? if I have to download a new project on the HMI?