Automation Direct - Out of Stock (Can be ordered) - earliest by

ControlSysNick

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've been looking at the Automation Direct PLCs off and on over the years, but most of my customers are Allen-Bradley almost exclusively and won't entertain bringing in other brands of PLCs because they don't want to have to add to their spare parts stores or have to train their staff on new hardware and software if they can avoid doing so.

However, with customers that are open to adding a new PLC family (partially because delivery times with some A.B. components is so long), I am considering trying out the Automation Direct PLC family. I've checked out comments on this forum and others and Automation Direct appears to have quite a good reputation and the "icing on the cake" is that they are less expensive than A.B..

Now my question to those who routinely use Automation Direct PLCs and other products of theirs: How reliable is the date shown on out of stock items that can be ordered? For example, I'm looking at an item that is currently marked "Out of Stock" (Can be ordered) 127 more, earliest 1/13/2023

Just wondering how good they are with their predictions of when additional stock will arrive.

Thanks!

Nick

A week late is neither here nor there, at least for the project I am working on. A few months would be a problem. May be unavoidable it seems.

Thanks I_Automation.

I have had great luck with them, I have only had one backorder get push back and I have had maybe 30 orders that they did not list any stock.

I do buy them out when I see they have stock of some PLC's

With A/D, I've only had the expected ship date pushed back twice. Once was for a bunch of pressure transmitters after the big freeze that destroyed every tank level sensor in Texas. Most times, they are right on the money with the ship date and occasionally they beat it. The other time is probably related to the supply chain issues with chips for the BRX series.