Automation Direct - Sprinkler Controler

Tark - That is where I was heading, but it seemed very inefficent to have 16 rungs of the ladder, with the accociatied timers for each zone all checking every microscecond "is it my turn?"
Greg, If Tark recommended it, you can bet the farm on it. Why do you think you need 16 timers? If you are running these zones in sequence, I would use one master timer (or 2 cascaded to get the desired time period), then use ONE Counter like Tark said, to step though each zone.

If the sprinkle time is the same for all zones, then when the Timer bit goes ON, you can advance the Counter, then reset the timer back to 0 and start on the next zone. If the zone times are different, then do not reset the timer until all are finished, but use timer comparison instructions to determine when each zone starts and stops. This means ONE set of timers, ONE counter, and ONE rung for each zone Output.

Efficient, simple, easy to understand, easy for someone else to troubleshoot. KISS.

Last edited:
Here is a way to do it with 22 rungs, 2 timers , 2 counters, and 13 sprinkler zones. The ZIP file is a DL-06 program.

Last edited: