automation project blow down

Example for timers

Here is a beginning example for the timers. For each zone the timer addresses will need to be incremented as well as the Wash in use input. This is just a building block to help you get started. The timer value of the washer not in use will need to be adjusted.

Well, I've downloaded the software and filled out a portion of this sheet. I looked at the timer details and they look like they would work. Am I using internal bits? Do the addresses look right for what I have filled out on the sheet?

The use of relays will not only protect your system, it is necessary because you are controlling 14 outputs(6 air blast, 6 water, 2 master solenoids). If you use a Micrologix 1000 32AWA it only has 12 outputs. The 1100 might be used because you can add a output module. I will get the info today and post it here

there is a 24 volt ac electrical signal that closes the motor starter to the pumps

Well, I've downloaded the software and filled out a portion of this sheet. I looked at the timer details and they look like they would work. Am I using internal bits? Do the addresses look right for what I have filled out on the sheet?

I see only one pump aux contact input, How will you distinguish which bay needs to be freeze proofed?

The use of relays will not only protect your system, it is necessary because you are controlling 14 outputs(6 air blast, 6 water, 2 master solenoids). If you use a Micrologix 1000 32AWA it only has 12 outputs. The 1100 might be used because you can add a output module. I will get the info today and post it here
I left out the pump from the required outputs if you didn't use relays so that would be a total of 15. Not 14.
Apologies

I think if you go without relays(Not recommended) then you will need the following

QTY 1 - Micrologix 1100 1763-L16AWA controller Series A
QTY 2 - 1762-OW8 relay output expansion cards
Qty 1 - 1761-CBL-PM02 programming cable

The program will need to be modified to accomodate the new processor and the output addresses.

If the system doesn't work as I had hoped it really is "learning the hard way," Basically it will cost 0-$50 in parts plus an hour to unthaw and lets not forget the blow to my pride!
I think your parts estimate is too low. You should make that "at least $3000 in parts".

Here is the modified file. The ability to enter setpoints in the interger file to set the timers and limits was removed. The system may need each bays timers and limits to be different because more time may be needed for bays that are farthest away and less time for those close to the pumps. It actually cleaned up the file some because it didn't need the math instructions anymore.