Back again with project 2

No dont think so machine is indexing while t4/1 is timing

Yes Steve B3:3/0 is the OTE, not sure why we used an internal bit, but that is what he layed out.

Geez I'm form the other side of the planet and I worked it out...hiccup. 🍺 mind you I personally would prefer something different

you should listen to consys 🍺
it's Molson Genuine Draft

the anti tie down logic above is not quite correct.
the output bit should be used as a seal around NC timer done contact before it...

bryan372002 said:
So is Someone gonna tell Me what MGD is? Terry?

Here is another clue……

Last month, scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer. Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption. The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain

phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period. It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1) Argued over nothing.

2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.

3) Gained weight.

4) Talked excessively without making sense.

5) became overly emotional.

6) Couldn't drive.

7) Failed to think rationally

8) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary.

Bryan, now that you have the Instructor solution, I suppose it is okay to post my solution. This fits your original instructions of a 3-second timer 1, with an output relay to operate the machine. If the relay was really internal, then there would have to be some additional hidden logic (elsewhere in the program) that controls the actual machine Indexing output.

This solution has the advantage that, if a hand or foot is removed at any time, then the Index function is canceled.

Normally a motor needs an interlock, but the Index function is not exactly a "motor run" output. If the machine is so dangerous that it requires 4 human interface switches, common sense says it probably should not be interlocked (latched on) like your instructor showed. That defeats one reason to have the 4 input switches in the first place. That is to make sure the operator does not release one switch and stick a hand into the machine (if it is latched on for 2 whole seconds).

Anti_Tie-down.jpg

Last edited:
That Looks Great Lancie, I agree with you, if that matters....lol

I appreciate You taking the time to do this, and I am keeping notes.

The 2nd timers not needed, it could have the first timer, then the 4 n/o in series with output, then the o/p in parallel with the timed contact.

EDIT:

Forget the above, this blurry eye'd engineer just got it.

Last edited: