Blown VFD

wdd0422

Hey everybody,

Would hooking the negative side of a braking resistor terminal (There is no resistor installed) to ground cause a VFD to fail catastrophically? I know its not supposed to be wired like that but looking at the board it doesn't look like this is where the failure originated from. Thanks in advance.

Bill

I'm really just guessing when I say "probably so". I mean if its a 480vac input VFD, there's 678VDC between the DC bus terminals and they're connected to the incoming 3 phase lines through the rectifier section, so yes, that would likely let the smoke out way too fast.

Similar Topics

I've blown the Output Transistor on the Output Card of a Compact Logix 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B It says J378. Does anyone know the replacement part...
Replies
Views
Monday, we had a VFD that controls the spped of a conveyor belt fail on us. Took the replacement out of the box, installed it and bam, it failed...
Replies
Views
Currently using a AB 1492-FPK2, plug in fuse but now finding alot of these are.. touchy with connections. the terminal block they are plugged into...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, In need of some most needed help on troubleshooting a Kinetix 6000 servo. The first one smoked and was replaced only to smoke...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm using an AC output module (OA16) and I noticed the FuseBlown input word in my controller tags (Local:13:I.FuseBlown) and I don't...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom