C-h Panelmate Touchscreen

BIGE

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE REPLACING THE TOUCHSCREEN ON A CUTLER-HAMMER 1785T. I HAVE THE PARTS ON THE WAY VIA BIG BROWN TRUCK. I'LL BE SUPRISED IF THEY CONTAIN INSTRUCTIONS. I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO TURN INTO A $5000 "WOOOPS". THE UNIT IS ON A AUTOMATED LUMBER STACKER/STICK LAYER. I THINK IT TOOK A SPIKE POLE IN IT'S EYE, LEAVING A NASTY CRACK IN THE SCREEN THAT MAKES IT GO KINDA NUTS FROM TIME TO TIME.

THANKS,

ERIC

P.S. Sorry about the all caps, I'll do beter next time.

Last edited:
Would also be wise if not already done to make "multipe" real time backups of the units program, one oops and bye bye to the program, been there seen that, and it sucks having to try to redo everything from memory.

Thanks for the help guys. Right now, I don't have the software or communication cable to download a backup program. Does anyone know what it takes to do this?

Eric

You can download the transfer utility from the Cutler Hammer website

http://www.eatonelectrical.com/NASA...&c=Apubarticles&cid=994767358727&Sec=products

It lets you upload and download the screen files. You can't use it to edit them.

If you completely wipe the memory, you're probably out of luck. That's because when you start with a brand new PanelMate out of the box, you first have to download the executive firmware and then a communications driver before you download the screen files. The executives are available from the website, but I didn't see the communcations drivers.

Follow up on Touchscreen

FYI: Replacement of touchscreen is very straightforward. Be careful with ribbon cable plugs. Here is part of the e-mail I recieved from Eaton:
Eric,

The part number for the replacement front panel is p/n 91-01494. I am
assuming it is only the touchscreen that has been cracked and not the
display behind the touchscreen. The replacement touchscreen is p/n
63-00774. The touchscreen requires the following additional parts: gaskets
32-01682, 32-02208 and overlay 33-00845. These items should be purchased
through your local Eaton Electrical/Cutler-Hammer distributor. In case you
do not know who your local distributor is, we have listed those in your
location.

Maybe this will help someone.

Eric