Cannot communicate with Honeywell HC900

willya

Hi all..

I have Honeywell HC900 at my factoy.
Recently I try to download some function blocks that I made before to it. But when I try to communicate first with the PLC it's not work.

I communicate using ethernet cable and set my IP Address to 192.168.1.10.
I connect the ethernet cable to E1 port which what I know from the manual book is set to 192.168.1.254 IP Address, the PLC is in program mode.

I've try either straight and cross ethernet cable configurations, but still not work..

when I try to ping the PLC, I got "Destination Host is Unreachable" message.

What I have to do?

DO you communicate without an ethernet switch then maybe you need a crossed cable.

Yes, I'm not using an ethernet switch, I straightly connect my PC to HC900 just with a single ethernet cable. I also have tried to use a crossed cable but still failed to communicate..

Are you sure it is at 192.168.1.254? The manual is only giving you the IP address the HC900 is shipped with.
There is a chance the HC900 IP has been changed.

Last edited:
Are you sure it is at 192.168.1.254? The manual is only giving you the IP address the HC900 is shipped with.
There is a chance the HC900 IP has been changed.

Yeah, in some point I also have tought of it. But I don't know if the IP have been changed or not, is there a way to see currently HC900 IP address?

Maybe with CMD help..?

I believe you will have to use the Modbus RTU 232/485 port.

I've also try to use the rs232/485 port but still failed to communicate. The message that I receive when I tried to ping 192.168.1.254 is "Destination host is unrecheachable".

Is there nothing can do with the ethernet?
I want to use it as default connection..

I've also try to use the rs232/485 port but still failed to communicate. The message that I receive when I tried to ping 192.168.1.254 is "Destination host is unrecheachable".

Is there nothing can do with the ethernet?
I want to use it as default connection..

Most likely someone has changed the IP address in the HC900. The quickest solution is to use the RS-232 port on the processor and communicate "serially." Once you are online you can see the IP address and either put your PC on that subnet or change the HC900 IP address back to the default.

Of course, if someone has changed it from 192.168.1.254 to something else on the 192.168.1.XXX subnet, you can either try to ping all addresses, or can get a software package to do it for you.

As to the Ethernet cable you need, if it is an older processor style (distinguished by a 9 Ping RS-232 port and three connector RS-485 port) you will need a crossover cable. If it is the newer style (distinguished by two three pin serial connectors) you can use either a crossover cable or a regular cable (once you get Ethernet communicating).