Cant Connect to PLC

You should be able to right click on the module that is unrecognized and "Upload EDS file from Device". This should take you to a upload wizard and you just follow the steps. Usually works perfect.
I have tried this many times on mulitple different computer and it has not worked.

I am at a loss... I have never not been able to get the EDS from the USB, I can see the Ethernet port not working but not the USB, have you tried a different PC with this processor? are all the LEDs flashing correctly sometimes if they are stuck in a boot up cycle or if the firmware was not downloaded complete they will act strange, was this or is this running correct otherwise? do you have another Ethernet card you can install on the rack and go through that card? kinda grasping at straws now...

there are three computers that have been trying to get eds files and none have done so sucessfully

How would I check to see if the connection resources are exhausted

I know this sounds barbaric, but I had the same thing happen to me this past week with a L73S, and the only way to get the connection back was to give a power cycle. The controller got to the point that every time I tied to go online the software would freeze and not let me in. I normally don't like to cycle power but in my case, after I done that, I was able to log right in. Also to get the EDS file you can go to Rockwell's PCDC and download an EDS directly from them, then install it using the wizard if you cant upload.

Turns out it was a conflict with Windows 10 enterprise and Rockwell software. However I still cant connect because after a long upload time I get an error saying invalid pointer. I had to reinstall all rockwell software to get to the point and while installing I got and error saying failed to update EDS database