Can't see PVmicro on DH485 using 1747-UIC adapter

Its a bad habit, if by chance you grab a cross over Cat5 you will blow up your UIC and maybe your PC, this is the reason we build our aftermarket 1747-UIC with the C13 cable as part of the UIC not another cable

Its best just to have the C13 cable... that said I have been to customers that have a cat5 plugged into the 5/03 permanent and that way they can keep the door closed for 'arc flash' reason, they would use the C13 but its to short to stick out most cabinets

I don't think the SLC5/03 supports DH-485 Channel 1 to Channel 0 pass-thru for PanelView upload/download while using the 1747-UIC. I'm pretty sure you have to make the physical connection from the PC to Channel 1 DH-485 using a 1784-KTX(D), 1784-PKTX(D), or 1784-PCMK card, as noted in the PassthruComm[1].pdf that Mickey posted. The UIC RS232 DF1 driver, while communicating with Channel 1 DH-485, simulates a 1747-KE DH-485/RS-232 interface module, which is none of the above devices.

I have a DH-485 PV300Micro connected to an SLC 5/03 Channel 0 on a machine here on site, but the PV goes thru a NET-AIC first, then to Channel 0. The processor is a 1747-L532 OS302 SER C FRN 11, similar to yours. I've connected the PV direct to Ch 0 instead and checked that S:34/0 is set default 0 (DH-485 pass-thru enabled).

Similar to you, I can connect to both individually in RSLinx using RS232 DF1 Driver (RSLinx v2.59) and the UIC. If the PV was going to be available using pass-thru, then when browsing the SLC via the UIC on Ch 1, I should see a + next to the processor to expand the Ch 0 network, but I do not.

I think I have a 1747-KTX card in an older programming desktop PC somewhere? I might try fire it up next week and see will RSLinx pass-thru to channel 0 from that card using a spare SLC I have.

With regard to getting the PV to talk to the SLC for the application. Have you downloaded the PB32 app into the PV yet? Have you gotten the PV talking to the SLC yet?

One thing I've noticed from your pictures. You have the DH-485 PanelView 300 Micro set to node address 2, but your SLC Channel 0 DH-485 node address is also 2. As the PV300 and the SLC 5/03 are on the same DH-485 network, they must have unique node addresses to communicate properly. On my machine above, the PV is node 5 and the SLC is node 6. If these are not unique, then they cannot talk, and even if pass-thru could work, this would also impede it.

Regards,
George

Have you downloaded the PB32 app into the PV yet? Have you gotten the PV talking to the SLC yet?
--Yes I have. But, I get a 612 or 613(can't remember) network node error on the PV300. I am not able to test the PV with that error on the screen. It is too small of a screen to look around it. My whole goal of this bench test was to somehow test a new PB32 program, made for an actual machine, on a different SLC that was just at my bench. I didn't want to hook it up to the actual machine and just see what happens. It would also be very difficult to have a duplicate SLC with all the same switches, sensors, and output devices here on my bench for merely testing the program. I didn't care if the PV300 displayed the right values. I just wanted to see if the screens flowed correctly and looked the way I want.

Our machines are set up as the SLC as node 1 (primary node) and the Panelview as node 2. Ideally it would be nice as the geniusintraining was saying just to have the C13/cat5 cable come out of the machine for arc-flash purposes and be able to "see" and read/write to both the SLC and PV300.

You have the DH-485 PanelView 300 Micro set to node address 2, but your SLC Channel 0 DH-485 node address is also 2.
--I was under the impression that channel 0 of the SLC would be node 2(PV300) with the passthru feature. I was trying something. I've never done this before.

Last edited: